Banana Chip Muffins (Gluten Free)
WANT MUFFINS BUT WITHOUT THE GUILT OF EATING SWEETS?
I present you with a gluten free, nutritious recipe that will be become a staple in your house. These banana muffins are perfect to have for breakfast, snack, dessert, for a birthday party or a special celebration. I am so glad I was able to incorporate quinoa flour in the recipe because it adds a tremendous amount of protein and fiber. Quinoa also has all nine essential amino-acids and other important nutrients.
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, honey, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, and egg.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan or wire rack.
These muffins have such beautiful consistency and I bet no one would tell they are gluten free and packed with great ingredients.