These wafers are simple but decadent, and the best part is that they are made using wholesome ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, potato starch, coconut sugar, baking soda cream of tartar, salt, and combine well.
- In a small bow, whisk together avocado oil, egg, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Using a medium size cookie scooper, scoop the dough and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe makes about 16 wafers.
WHY IS ALMOND FLOUR A GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO REGULAR FLOUR?
It is a great alternative to wheat flour because it is low in carbohydrates and contains many nutrients, especially it is rich in magnesium, vitamin E and prebiotic dietary fiber. It can be found at most grocery and health food stores.