This is a rich and flavorful pasta that it’s great if you are having guests over. You can accompany it with a green salad and a fresh baked loaf of bread.
- 2 cups cooked elbow pasta (I really like this gluten free brand)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
- 1 cup beefless meat (Gardein)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (I prefer vegan)
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- In a 6qt. Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrot, and celery and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast and stir.
- Cook until the vegetables are browned and the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in veggie meat and wine; simmer until the wine has evaporated.
- Pour in the coconut milk, tomato sauce and stir.
- Add the Italian seasoning and more salt and pepper, to taste (if needed).
- Stir in the cooked pasta, mozzarella and combine.
- Serve and top with fresh Italian parsley.
One thought on “Vegetable Pasta Bolognese”