These super easy to make muffins require very little work, no special tools, just essentials that you probably already have at home. Perfect to take on picnics or on the go!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon flax meal (for the omega-3 fatty acids benefit) (optional)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and flax meal in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Using a paper towel, press down on the zucchini to remove excess moisture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the zucchini and chocolate chips and combine.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. (Insert a toothpick in the center of a muffin to ensure that it is cooked through).