Banana Bread With Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium bananas (mashed) (I use my immersion blender)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl. Blend the bananas using the immersion blender or a fork.
- Add the butter and oil and combine.
- Stir in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Apply a thin coat of butter to the pan. (I use a silicone brush)
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the it cool on a rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cut and serve (with butter-optional).
It is important that the butter and oil are melted but cooled so the egg we added to the mixture doesn’t start to cook before it is supposed to.
I added chocolate chunks but you can add nuts or dried fruits if you prefer.
I also added almond and coconut flour (to add more nutrition) but you can use just all-purpose flour if you prefer.