- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 cup Jasmin rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 whole baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon butter (for sautéing the onions and mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta (see my recipe https://wp.me/pcOthW-6B)
- Shredded cheese
- Dried parsley
- Add olive oil, water, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt, rice and oregano leaves to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, stir and bring the heat down to low and cover the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the rice is cooking, sauté the onions and mushrooms on butter and salt and set aside.
- Cut peppers in half and remove the cores.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Lay the peppers on the baking dish and drizzle with oil and sprinkle some salt.
- Stuff peppers with vegan ricotta, sautéd onions and mushrooms, rice, cheese and garnish with dried parsley.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with salad.
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Nutritional Yeast https://amzn.to/37UofJM