To make the veggie meat layer:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or any oil you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups Gardein Beefless Ground
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 6 whole white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Sofrito
To roast the bell peppers:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- Spray olive oil
To make the sourdough mixture:
- 3/4 cup fed sourdough starter (has been fed within the last 4-12 hours)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (cooled, because we don’t want to scramble the egg)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- To cook the veggie meat; add all ingredients to a medium sized skillet and cook on medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Set aside.
- To roast the peppers; preheat the oven to 400° F. Cut and remove the inside of the peppers. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with oil and place the peppers in it, cut side down. Spray the peppers with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and turn them cut side up.
- To make the sourdough mixture; add all the ingredients to a medium size bowl and combine with a spatula.
- To stuff the peppers; add a layer of meat, and a layer of the sourdough mixture.
- Bake at 375° F for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad or rice.
This dish can be made regular or gluten free. It all depends on which sourdough starter you have or make. ↓
Recipe for Gluten Free Sourdough Starter- https://wp.me/pcOthW-fU
Recipe for Regular Sourdough Starter- https://wp.me/pcOthW-a