- 16 oz extra firm tofu block
- 2 tablespoons oil and more for sautéing
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 green onion to garnish (finely chopped)
- Preheat the griddle.
- Take the tofu out of the package and cut it into small blocks.
- In a medium bowl add 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the tofu to the bowl and gently combine so the blocks don’t break apart.
- Place the blocks in the griddle and cook until golden.
- In the meantime, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a wok or large skillet.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté them on medium heat.
- Add a small amount of salt and pepper to the vegetables to ensure that each component will be properly seasoned.
- Add the cooked tofu blocks to the wok.
- Pour in the Teriyaki sauce and combine.
- Serve with white rice.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
You can use any vegetables that you already have in your fridge/freezer. This is a very forgiving meal, where you can add different kinds of vegetables and adjust the seasonings to the amounts you use. You can also add sesame seeds.