Oh these zucchini boats are so tasty! Especially because of the vegan ricotta in the bottom layer, a creaminess you were not expecting! But let’s get into the details below.
- 2 1/2 cups beefless ground meat (I used Gardein)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for cooking the meat (and more for drizzling the zucchini halves)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast https://amzn.to/37UofJM
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sofrito (see recipe here https://wp.me/scOthW-sofrito)
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta (see recipe here https://wp.me/pcOthW-6B)
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place parchment paper in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut the zucchinis in half and scoop out the middle.
- Place the zucchinis cut side up in the baking dish, drizzle with oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium size skillet heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add beefless ground, water, sofrito, turmeric, garlic and onion powder, nutritional yeast, carrot, red onion, and salt to taste. Stir and cook with lid on for 10-12 minutes.
- Add vegan ricotta to the zucchinis.
- Spoon the beefless meat on top of the ricotta.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley (optional).