This is a quick way to make a snack, cold breakfast or add it to your dessert. Granola is very versatile. Most kids love it. It is healthy, crunchy, it has fiber and protein. The raisins have iron. The Ceylon cinnamon has great health benefits (see below). It is just a great component to have ready in your kitchen at all times.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Ceylon cinnamon *
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl add oats, honey, oil, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Combine well.
- Place the mixture on parchment paper and baking sheet. Spread throughout to make an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the granola and place back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the granola in a medium bowl, add the raisins and chocolate chunks and combine.
- Serve as snack, as cold cereal, over ice cream, yogurt, with fresh fruit, etc.
Why Ceylon Cinnamon?
Ceylon cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial effects. These properties mean Ceylon cinnamon supports your immune health. Ceylon cinnamon was part of a study that showed it enhanced antioxidant enzyme activity. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318386