- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chopped fresh banana (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Chop the slices of bread into small cubes.
- To a medium size bowl; add eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and whisk together.
- Add in the bread cubes and combine well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-low and add butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the honey.
- Pour the bread mixture in the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the toast and pour the blueberry reduction over it and add any other toppings of your liking. Add more maple syrup, if needed.
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a small pot and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve over the French toast.
One thought on “French Toast with Blueberry Reduction”