- 1 3/4 cups chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour (or any flour you prefer)
- Avocado oil for frying
- Cilantro Aioli (see recipe here)
- Add the chickpeas and seasonings to a food processor. Process until mixture is like a paste.
- Add the egg, baking soda and flour, and blend well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat over medium-high. (I use a Dutch cast iron)
- Scoop the mixture and fry the balls a few a time, until golden.
- Serve with Cilantro Aioli.
*I used a small scoop.
*This recipe makes approximately 18- 20 fritters.