When I say is the easiest, I mean it 100 percent. This is a no knead bread recipe. Extremely low maintenance. You do not need a stand mixer, just a large bowl and your hands. You do need a cast iron Dutch Oven.
If you want fresh bread in the morning you can mix it all the night before, let it sit covered for 8 hours and bake it the next morning. As simple as that. Or you could mix it in the morning and when you get back home from work, bake it and get it ready in time for dinner.
This bread is crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. The smell is lovely and the flavor is outstanding.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Add flour, yeast and salt to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the water and mix it with your hands until the ingredients are combined. This is a no knead bread. You will have a sticky dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit on your counter for 8 hours (in a cool area).
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the cast iron Dutch oven (with the lid on) in the center of the oven while is preheating.
- Add flour to your hands and take the dough out of the bowl and form a round shape while folding the dough. Since the dough will be sticky, add a little flour if needed to do the shaping.
- Place the dough on parchment paper and with a chef knife make a slash across on the top of the dough.
- Place the dough and parchment paper in the preheated Dutch oven with the lid on and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Place the loaf on a rack and let it cool for about 30-40 minutes.