Mini Spinach And White Bean Sourdough Pot Pies
I wanted to use my sourdough discard on these mini pot pies and it turned out absolutely delicious. Having a sourdough starter is such a treat, it is literally the gift that keeps on giving. There are so many recipes that can be made with a sourdough starter. You can check out my post How To Make A Sourdough Starter https://wp.me/pcOthW-a and hopefully you can be inspired to make your own. It is very easy to make and once is active, that is when the fun begins!
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (for sautéing)
- 3 small garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 5 leaves fresh oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 small potato (chopped in small pieces)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk (canned)
- Salt to taste
- 1 15 oz. can white beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (for the pie mix)
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 365° F.
- In a 5 Qt. Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat.
- Add grated garlic, chopped shallot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, chopped potato and spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover and let simmer until potatoes are tender (for about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and drained beans.
- In a medium bow, add sourdough discard, salt, egg, basil, melted butter, baking powder and combine.
- Place 4-6 ramekins in a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Fill in the ramekins with white bean soup leaving 1 inch to the top for the sourdough mixture.
- Pour the sourdough mixture and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until golden.