- 1 3/4 cups orzo pasta
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon olive oil, separated
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 10 chives, chopped
- To roast the garlic bulb, preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the top of the bulb and drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over it. Wrap it in foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Squeeze garlic out and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to a Dutch oven or medium size pot and heat over medium-high.
- Add the orzo and cook for about 4 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 12-14 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk, roasted garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, white pepper and combine.
- Add cheese and spinach and combine. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add chives and serve.