- Olive oil
- Gluten Free Sourdough Discard
- Dried basil
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese (I used vegan mozzarella)
*The amounts for the ingredients will depend on the amount of discard you use.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Preheat your cast iron skillet to medium-high on the stove.
- Lightly oil the skillet.
- Stir the discard while in the jar and spread throughout the skillet.
- Add oil, and sprinkle salt and dried basil.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 5-7 minutes.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and add sauce and cheese to the crust (add more toppings if you prefer).
- Transfer to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Take out and transfer to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 3-5 minutes and serve.
Always leave some amount of starter in the jar as the master starter, so you are able to continue to use it for the years to come.