Tempeh is essentially fermented soybeans. It is a great source of protein, iron, magnesium, calcium and other nutrients.
Tempeh is better if you marinate it the night before or even a couple of hours before cooking it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Jasmin rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (for the rice)
- organic original (no flavor) tempeh
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce https://amzn.to/3dSEdIe
- 10 leaves of fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 heads of fresh broccoli (it could be frozen as well)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (for sautéing the broccoli)
- Salt and pepper to taste ( for the broccoli)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (for frying the tempeh)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
The night before; cut the tempeh and place it in a ziplock bag. Add the BBQ sauce, garlic and parsley, and refrigerate.
- Add olive oil, rice, salt and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once is boiling, cover with a lid and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Take the lid off, gently stir and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli and place the florets in a large skillet, add butter, salt and pepper and sauté. Set aside.
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet, place the tempeh and cook on medium for 10 minutes on one side, and 5-7 minutes on the other side.
- Serve and garnish with green onions.
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
BBQ Sauce https://amzn.to/3dSEdIe
Cutting Board https://amzn.to/3aWRyNM