I’ve got a picky eater at home, and he even loves this burger and asks for seconds.
This burger has the protein and fiber of the beans, it is gluten free, and it has vitamin B12 from the nutritional yeast flakes, among many other nutrients.
- 1 (15oz.) can of red kidney beans (drained)
- 2-3 fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon of basil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of brown rice flour (or any flour you prefer)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I prefer vegan mozzarella)
- Avocado oil for frying
- Add the drained beans and oregano leaves to a food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the pureed beans to a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- If using a cast iron skillet, preheat to medium-high.
- Form the burgers and fry.
*Kidney beans are a great source of iron.*
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Food Processor https://amzn.to/3bK6MoD
Cookie Sheet https://amzn.to/3uDpbvU
Cookie Rack https://amzn.to/2ZWCrh1
Cast Iron Skillet https://amzn.to/3b0LzYn
Silicone Spatulas https://amzn.to/3q0nPb3
Nutritional Yeast https://amzn.to/37UofJM