- 1 cup sourdough starter (fed within 4-12 hours) (See my Sourdough Starter post here https://wp.me/pcOthW-a)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups organic all purpose flour
- Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer for 2 minutes on low (speed 1).
- Knead for about 6-8 minutes (on speed 2).
- Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it ferment for 8-12 hours.
- Punch down the dough, shape it and put in a medium bowl or banneton basket, and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Let it rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500° F with the cast iron Dutch oven inside and the lid on.
- Place the dough on parchment paper and in the Dutch oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, lower the temperature to 450 degrees and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and slice.
I included flax meal for the added benefits of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein and antioxidants.
You can store the bread in a plastic container, wrapped around in a kitchen towel so that the bread can breathe.
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Stand Mixer https://amzn.to/3bN7wJC
Cast Iron Dutch Oven https://amzn.to/37WXeWe
Organic All Purpose Flour https://amzn.to/3kCgSf9
Banneton Basket https://amzn.to/2ZU021U
Cutting Board https://amzn.to/3aWRyNM
Bread Knife https://amzn.to/3dZmRtn
One thought on “Dutch Oven Sourdough Artisan Bread”