- 2 cups sourdough starter fed or discard (https://wp.me/pcOthW-a)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- More butter for frying
- Preheat the skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix sourdough starter, vanilla, eggs, flax seed, melted (and cooled) butter, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the chocolate chunks.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the skillet is hot, add butter and use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter in the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbly on top and only flip once to prevent from sticking (if using a cast iron skillet).
I love to eat my pancakes with pure maple syrup.
I added ground flax seeds to this recipe because we all know we need more fiber in our diets.
You can substitute the chocolate chunks for blueberries, pecans, or cinnamon.
*Flaxseed is such a nutritional powerhouse. It is one of the very few plan sources of omega-3 fatty acids and has a tremendous amount of antioxidants. It is also very high in fiber. To be able to get those benefits, it is important to know that flaxseed needs to be ground. If it is eaten whole, the benefits will be passed through the body undigested.*
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Cast Iron Skillet https://amzn.to/3b0LzYn
Silicone Spatulas https://amzn.to/3q0nPb3