Every time I make these meatballs I cannot stop eating them. I usually eat them with my Cilantro Aioli (https://aixaskitchen.com/?p=383) or with pasta. Absolutely delicious and with so much flavor. You should definitely give this recipe a try!
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 leaves of fresh oregano
- 4 tablespoons brown rice flour
- Avocado oil for frying
- Blend the lentils and chopped the carrot in a food processor.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and start forming the meatballs.
- Preheat the skillet and add the avocado oil.
- Fry the meatballs on medium-high.
When you transfer the pureed lentils to the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, it might seem like the mixture is moist but it dries as you mix it well. You will be able to form the balls without sticking.
This recipe makes approximately 20 meatballs.
You can bake them if you prefer.
*Flaxseed is such a nutritional powerhouse. It is one of the very few plan sources of omega-3 fatty acids and has a tremendous amount of antioxidants. It is also very high in fiber. To be able to get those benefits, it is important to know that flaxseed needs to be ground. If it is eaten whole, the benefits will be passed through the body undigested.*
PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Food Processor https://amzn.to/2O8k6uQ
Cookie Sheet https://amzn.to/3uDpbvU
Cookie Rack https://amzn.to/2ZWCrh1
Cast Iron Skillet https://amzn.to/3b0LzYn
Silicone Spatulas https://amzn.to/3q0nPb3